PROJECT OFFICER _ Deadline 10/02/2019
The European Federation of Agencies and Regions for Energy and Environment (FEDARENE) is a leading European network of regional energy agencies. We facilitate the development of interregional partnerships and projects, promote the regional dimension in debates on sustainable energy and the environment, and help regions develop their capacity to take action for the energy transition. We offer a position with responsibility and focus on EU project activities within a well-established European association (29 years), representing members from 20 European countries and active in one of the most strategic areas of current European politics.
Your main mission:
Implement EU project activites in several European projects in which FEDARENE is involved as a project partner.
Tasks include (but are not limited to):
• Administrative and financial management, reporting & monitoring, communication with project partners
• Implement the communication strategy, promote and disseminate project results
• Coordinate the completion of deliverables of the project team for efficient and on time
• delivery, as well as organising and holding regular meetings
• Manage and update large databases in Excel
• Develop guidance materials, best practices reports
• Organise peer to peer capacity building activities or study tours for public authorities/energy agencies
• Organise & facilitate capacity building workshops, webinars, conferences
Preferred education & experience:
Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. environment / energy / climate change / urban planning)
Experience in the implemenation of EU-funded projects and their financial reporting
Experience in supporting local and/or regional authorities in their energy/climate transition
• ability to deeply understand complex technical issues and to translate them for a broader public understanding
• strong communication and analytical skills
• ability to work with a high level of initiative and autonomy when required and to prioritise tasks
• ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• organisational skills
• detail oriented
• fluency in spoken and written English
• other EU languages at a C1 minimum level would be an asset
• good command of MS Excel
Full-time employment in our office in Brussels, Belgium (contract under the Belgian Law). Initial contract of 18 months.
A benefits package (lunch vouchers, ecocheques, extra holidays,..)
A positive working environment
Opportunities to travel in Europe for professional purposes.
Please send to email@example.com, by 10th February:
Curriculum vitae in English.
A cover letter
If possible please add 1-2 references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interview will be conducted on 18th February
FEDARENE welcomes interns all year round. Please do check with us if you are interested in an internship position.
Interested? Send your resume and cover letter to Ms. Dominique Bourges at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship application” in the subject line.