The action contributes to the national objectives towards climate protection, e.g. reducing CO2 emissions by 40 % until 2020 (compared to 1990), defined in the government’s Integrated Climate and Energy Programme. The action is intended to:
- reduce CO2 emissions,
- reduce energy costs in low-income households,
- save costs for municipalities,
- qualify long-term unemployed persons,
- transfer know-how about energy efficiency
- enable low-income households to self-help
- the action is connected with social services, employment market and environmental policy targets.