→ REGISTER by 19th February
The World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED, www.wsed.at), one of the largest annual conferences in this field in Europe, offers a unique combination of events on high energy efficiency in buildings and renewable energy heating. For more than 20 years, experts and decision-makers from all over the world flock to Upper Austria to attend this event – in 2013, more than 800 experts from 61 countries participated! The conference is organised by the OÖ Energiesparverband, the energy agency of Upper Austria, and takes place from 26-28 February 2014 in Wels/Austria. Upper Austria is an ideal location for such a conference. By 2030, all electricity and space heating in the region will come from renewable energy sources. Already today, the region holds a leading role in energy efficiency and renewable energy sources.
The programme offers a unique combination of carefully selected topics:
- The European Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference: Highlights energy efficient buildings supplied with renewable energy through 3 sessions: NZEB policies & market overview, NZEB market transition – how to make it happen? And an overview of NZEBs implementation in member states and regions. Key speakers are NZEB experts from the European Commission, European Parliament, BPIE, CEN, and Ecofys.
- The WSED next Conference (Energy Efficiency & Biomass): Presents the work of young researchers in the fields of biomass and energy efficiency. The event includes a young researchers award and an R & D Networking Platform for young researchers. This year, the “Young researchers award” will be awarded for the first time.
- The Innovative Building Technologies Conference: Is dedicated to the latest developments in technological solutions for nearly zero energy buildings (new construction and renovation). The conference highlights building technologies for today and the future. Building technology experts from REHVA, Fraunhofer Institut, and ZAE Bayern, among others, will present key NZEB technologies.
- The Energy Efficiency Policies Conference: Offers an update on the implementation of the EU energy efficiency policies and how they can drive innovation and employment. The current status of EED implementation and good practice examples for national energy efficiency policies and implementation will be presented.
Furthermore, the WSED programme includes also the following events:
- European Pellet Conference: The world’s largest annual conference on pellets presents technology and policy trends, markets, innovation, sustainability, finance and business models.
- B2B Meetings: Bilateral meetings offer the possibility to find new business partners in the fields of biomass & energy efficiency.
- Trade Show “Energiesparmesse”: Leading trade show on renewable energy and energy efficiency with 100,000 visitors and 1,600 exhibitors annually.
- Technical site-visits: Technical site-visits to best practice examples in Upper Austria for wood pellets & wood chips (25 Feb.) and Nearly Zero Energy Buildings (28 Feb.).
- Poster Presentation: The poster presentation displays successful initiatives and projects on energy efficiency and renewable energy.